Have you ever felt lost before?
But why would you feel lost if there were no paths to follow?
Every evening as the day begins to cool, I leave class, I head to the bread shop to eat some bread, then, I go for yoga. I seek to breathe deeply with my thumbs pressing against the heart, and everything is quiet. Breath by breath, I break my frozen muscles, stiff from the stress of today and worry of tomorrow. I lay in poses like the lizard, like the pigeon, like the humble warrior, like the upside dog, like the frog. And as I lay there, motionless, I began to let emotions I never knew I had escape from my opened hips. I felt slightly vulnerable, but free. I am here now, at this present moment, and there will be no other like this one.
Second by second, I am slipping away. But I stand still, not knowing what to do. Because I am afraid. I am afraid of failing, I think. I am afraid of the black hole, the vacuum, and perhaps those voices, the things I tell myself.
Alas, there exists no fear in the world, as there exists no roads, no maps, no one to tell you where to go. You are free to wander as far as where your heart believes, not where your eyes see. Do you get it? I think I'm starting to now.
This is the Art of Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment