Mr. Superpotato and I decided to go out on a dinner date last night, so we went to a dark, cosy sushi restaurant, Oya, and sat by the sushi bar. I like quiet spaces and food in small portions over numerous courses. It makes eating a lot easier (but I still uhh got a small bout of indigestion after). What I enjoyed most of the dinner was the infusion of lots of fruits with sushi, the matcha powder green tea, and talking with Mr. Superpotato. Then, we took a stroll around the quiet streets of Boston in the cool of the night, with some unfortunate drizzle.
I'm still in Boston finishing up my last undergraduate class, ever. Surprisingly, I haven't been feeling nostalgic as much as gratefulness. Thankful to have had a wonderful college experience, thankful to have met Mr. Superpotato, thankful to have been (painfully) stretched and grown, and thankful to have met some of the most wonderful people in my life.
Truthfully, even with a degree, the best suit, power heels, and an eager mind, nothing can settle my heart for the future. The next phase of my life is, put bluntly, unknown, a mystery, and absolutely terrifying. But there will always be something to be afraid about. I know I will forever be scared of cockroaches, of dirty bathrooms, of being late, of horror movies. To hope, and to believe that I can control or alter a single minute of my future is as absurd as trying to be a pop star. So, over these past weeks, I've learned to not over-analyze things, be more spontaneous, not make assumptions, and to enjoy the ride.
Everything will work out eventually. How? I don't know. It's a mystery.

No comments:
Post a Comment