HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. S.!

Today, L. and I whipped up a storm from scratch for S.'s birthday dinner and we had such a charming time.
We cooked soba (with dipping sauce), beef shoulder + caramelized onions wrapped with lettuce (bulgogi korean food) and prawns for me. L. also baked a very light Japanese souffle birthday cheesecake, which we paired with vanilla and rum & raisin ice cream from Haagen-Dazs. I only enjoy L.'s bake stuff because they are not sweet and very, very good. We also had lots of San Pellagrino and a bottle of Chardonnay (Vintage 2008) from Chateau Ste Michelle, which I liked, tremendously.
I must say, cooking (or making anything with your hands for that matter) is very therapeutic.
When I am at home, school doesn't exist anymore.
Truthfully, on my way to class today, I walked past the park in front of my house:

It was so enticing, I wanted to skip class and lie on the grass all day long to read. Autumn is undoubtedly my favourite season.
But no, my tuition is like US$45k a year- so I used all my willpower and dragged myself to class. Despite being rather grouchy and being powered by 2 cups of coffee, I still had fun studying.

<3 u em!
ReplyDelete