Tuesday, October 12, 2010

#36 Say hi to morning rituals

There's something so calming about morning and night rituals. A cup of coffee, the daily paper, morning walk to school, timetabled classes, nightly runs, same basket of groceries to refill. I enjoy a set routine tremendously but sometimes, exogenous shocks do throw me off tangent and scare the sh*t out of me. But I have the willpower to handle it. Mostly, I think.

Rituals keep me from feeling lost. Planning and predictability are my friends.


to wake my soul


school


I love


trees.


A gift

Today's cloudy weather was perfect. And I made a lot of progress with my Architecture readings.

I'm rather pleased.

Current Reading: The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (Thanks S. for getting me the book!)
(English translation by Lawrence Grant White and illustrations by Gustave Dore, I madly adore his sketches.)
Accompanied by a video (CD) because if you think you can read The Comedy by yourself without any help- you are completely mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment