Streets

my favourite boys, and the women borrowers

Arthur and Prof. Yunnus

The Westin

Train to Rajshahi

S. & his best friends
It's Wednesday today. And tomorrow will be my second last day at the Grameen Bank- it feels sort of surreal, and I will be very sad to leave the places, people, and memories I feel so strongly towards. Bangladesh had offered me more than I bargained for- and I feel more gratitude towards what Bangladesh has done for me, than I for her.
It's not easy living in Dhaka, and I don't think it could ever be in the near future. I've lived with baby cockroaches, cold water (or no water), power cuts, cardboard beds, and food with laxative effects. Okay, I was exaggerating about the last part, because I've been careful about my diet, and surviving on Tolberone when I never, ever, eat chocolate. I also feel like it's my last hour whenever I ride on a rickshaw or cross the street.
Still, the people I've met and loved, places we've been, and experiences together, will be kept like emerald stones in my adventure box. And when I feel sad, or blue, I'll take them out to reminisce for a moment or two, and pretend to be back here, where everything is raw and real. Because there is nothing to prove, nothing to hide, nothing to pretend, and the only thing that matters, is your heart, your thoughts, and the words that flutter out of that beautiful mouth.
Though I've lost myself in many other places, I know here, I've found myself back again.



No comments:
Post a Comment