Let me be honest.
I haven't studied in four (4) days and haven't left home either (Except for once to throw the trash and to open the mailbox).
Why?
Because I am so afraid of my textbooks and never ending list of readings to do. There is this irrational fear of Harvard embedded in me, that I haven't even handed in my homework which is four (4) days late. And I'm never late in my work, but this fear is crippling. I've been watching TV for twelve (12) hours a day, and sleeping for the other twelve (12). And when there's nothing interesting on TV to stimulate me visually anymore, I read. I read everything under the sun, except my absolutely essential and compulsory readings. The thought of going to school is generally repulsive and there's this nagging voice at the top of my head which keeps chanting, "Detox Emily!"
Perhaps it's the combination of losing my family in a split second and having to face self-absorbed professors telling grandfather tales in lectures which lead you around in circles. I get really dizzy.
(Harvard is a lie)
And they're going to eat me alive if I stumble.
But I'm going to overcome/ conquer my work now. Good bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment