It's been so mad hot & humid here in Boston, I feel like I've been cheated of Spring and just skipped straight into Summer...
It reads: This tree is dedicated to our friend....
What a beautiful tree!
I think in lieu of having a grey stone to mark my grave, I will have a tree planted. And when Spring arrives and breaks the Winter frost every year, we see the evidence of life, and remember our Loved ones.
"Oh where is Emily buried?"...
"Beneath that Rambutan tree!"
Of course me being Singaporean will always be a Singaporean at heart (even if I don't really like local food as much as fellow khakis, and eat a lot of salad.) Willows, Baobabs, Yews, and Cotton trees are all very good and romantic. But they don't grow in the Singapore tropical climate and neither do they bear edible fruit. Thus, these are my shortlisted top picks;
1. Rambutan tree (Cos my ah mah likes rambutans!)
2. Mango tree- I used to climb the mango tree at my ah mah's house, but it got chopped down :(
3. Durian tree (I don't think anybody will come and visit my grave for their safety)
4. Angsana tree
5. Banana tree (Ha ha just kidding)
6. Frangipani tree
7. Jackfruit tree
8. Starfruit tree
I've been in the library (still) mad studying for exams. 1 down, 2 to go!
This has been keeping me alive:

Everyone should eat Tic Tac! But there's something which has been bothering me... In Singapore, the Tic Tac box is orange, but the tic tacs are white! But in Boston, the same orange flavored tic tacs are orange and in a clear box!!! I spent quite some time figuring this out, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment