Thursday, May 20, 2010

#3 Things I have been eating

I don't usually eat sweet things but I really like the colorful biscuits because I used to eat them all the time when I was small, so I've been eating them for old time's sake. It's still pretty too sweet for me, but eating them makes me feel like a small girl reliving my childhood. I'm also so bored at home I lined up all the biscuits before eating them.

My grandmother bought me a basket of fruits yesterday when we went to the market together. The start of the cherry season coincides with the start of Summer. And cherries are my absolute favorite things to eat on a usual day :) Last Summer in Oregon, my friends and I went blueberry picking every week and ate soo sooo sooo much blueberries that my poo poo turned purple (and it wasn't quite funny after).

These apples that I bought from the market weren't fantastic. (I only eat Fuji apples) But I bought it because the old man's fruits looked quite sad and I knew that they were on the verge of spoiling if he didn't sell them soon. So I bought a basket of apples & bananas from him, but my grandmother wasn't too happy and tried to convince me that fresh fruits > compassion.

My parents have a constant stream of guests at my place and my overly hospitable mother always offers everything in our fridge. I came back from running one night and was starving, so I decided to eat my tau huay (bean curd) which my grandma had bought for me earlier in the day. To my horror, my mom had given my tau huay away as deserts to two (irritating) guests. And even though my grandma always buys more than one, just in case- my mom still gave both away!!! And I'm a very picky eater... so I didn't have anything to eat that night and went to bed hungry and angry >:( My gramps heard about it and have been buying tau huay (without sugar) for me everyday for the past 3 days and I've been safe guarding it with my life and death threats.

I've been drowning in so much food and eating, I'm really about to faint. I feel like people are gorging themselves to death. Anyway, tonight is quite special because my dad's coming to run with me! Off to change up into my running gear now <3

No comments:

Post a Comment