Wednesday, April 14, 2010

#11 Hillsong United

The Wang Theater




Fantastic Friends (ALL KOREANS btw)


Countdown


HILLSONG UNITED!!!


I love flashing lights




Ceiling details of The Wang.


Crowd mesmerized with Jesus

Went for the Hillsong United concert at the Wang Theater this evening after a gruelling three (3) hour ballet class. I have a lot to say today by the way- Ballet class today was so intense I had to buy a yoghurt to eat during recess after barre work. Yoghurts are really my best friend because they keep me going when I feel my body working too hard (and legs about to break). Anyway, class today went superb despite my legs and rest of the body hurting like mad! Mme. Margot told me after class to remind her to show me something! I think she's going to give me a ballet book or something like that as a reward for my hard work all semester. Even though Statistics is really kicking my butt this term, Ballet has been going great(though painful)! Thanks for all Your strength God- really appreciate it!

I've also never really gone for huge concerts because 1. I don't like loud music 2. I'm not a fan of any pop bands (other than Backstreet Boys but that was in Primary 5) 3. Didn't want to contribute $$$ towards Popstars for their Cocaine Fund. But anyway, Hillsong United came to Boston for the first time tonight and I thought it would be a great opportunity to worship Jesus and attend a KOOL KONCERT at the same time. Well, Hillsongs certainly didn't disappoint! ;) Their worship was very real and I loved how they kept all the attention on Jesus and only Jesus.

The Wang Theater is spectacularly gorgeous and it was surreal having the entire theater praising Jesus together in such a grand setting with gold leaf painted ceilings, greek statues and ornaments that really looked like angels. I really hope that they have purple neon flashing lights and smoke machines during Praise & Worship in Heaven. I'm sure they do- God is such a fun person- Heaven is going to be mind-blowingly fun! I also intend to major in Ballet for eternity... (But the thought of having a never-ending Ballet class is OH MY $#@&%!)

We all need Love. And we all look for him in many different forms and places. The thing that we sometimes overlook or not realize, is that the world cannot satisfy all our needs, hopes, hurts and disappointments. But there is a Love far greater than that which the world offers- and His name is Jesus. I cannot convince you or even begin to describe this miracle. Just remember that this Love is only a heartbeat away, and you can call out to Him at any time, anywhere, on any day... and He will rescue you before your teardrop can even hit the ground.

I am so thankful for having Jesus as my life, direction and pure joy. Even though I suck at Statistics, I'm still very happy and cannot imagine life without my Jesus. Do you have your Jesus today?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:04:00 AM

    em, im so happy and proud of you. for all that you are and you were, and im really glad i got to walk this journey with you, and see you transform into this strong, mature, kind and very beautiful inside-out girl who loves God so much.

    love you bak chor. i will always saranghaeyo you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. merci beaucoup mon ami, laksa chuang.

    ReplyDelete