Brought my camera out with me today but there was nothing special to take other than the residue of grey skies from yesterday's snowstorm. I went for Astronomy lab after ballet and we headed down to the Charles (Charles River) to take some measurements of the frozen river. And it was soooo pretty but I left my camera in the bag :/ I will take a morning walk down there tomorrow just to relax for a bit and snap some pictures too.
So, it's been a little over a month since I've started school at BU, but I feel like I've been here for forever. However, in proportion to my time here, I've collected quite a few BIMBO MOMENTS. And decided to write them down, just for laughs.
BIMBO MOMENTS:
#1 Both the kitchen and bathroom sink were clogged majorly and the water wouldn't drain. So it was really obvious to me that the pipes MUST BE clogged. I then called Facilities Services Emergency telling them it was an emergency because- how am I to brush my teeth with a clogged sink!? Anyway, they came down within 20 minutes and I was explaining to the guy how long it has been clogged for blah blah blah and asking if he wants a cup of water, need plastic bags to try to help with the unclogging process... THEN, he smiled at me and pulled up the stopper- and all the water disappeared in a flash. Apparently, the little metal thing used to prevent large food particles from flowing down the sink acts as a stopper too.
#2 I was doing laundry the night before. The next morning, I was still receiving texts that my laundry was completed. In BU, the laundry services have a system whereby you will receive a text message when your laundry is done- because you swipe your ID card to activate it. So I checked my wallet to find that my ID card was not there! Immediately, I jumped to the conclusion that I had left it in the laundry room the night before and hence someone was using my card to do their laundry and thus, I was receiving messages about THEIR completed laundry. So what do I do? I run to the laundry room and camp in front of the machine to await the culprit. In the meantime, I decide to call Boston University Police Department (BU has their own police force with cool cars, motorcycles, ambulances, own uniform- this is where my tuition money goes to- doughnuts for the BU police) and complain to them about my problem. So what do they do?- they send down three policemen to the laundry room to camp with me to catch the thief. And a cute little nerdy looking girl comes along after half an hour and was subjected to the police officer's queries. I then left the crime scene to go for ballet class and decided to look a little harder for my card (in my room) because the nerdy girl said that she didn't take it. Lo and behold! I found it in between 2 pieces of tissue paper!?!?!? Then I had to call BUPD up to cancel the reported case and apologize because I felt so bad for being so bimbotic (but they were really nice and said to call them for any problem, but of course I won't do that- who on earth calls THE POLICE to complain about their laundry). But apparently some other people do stupider things like report that their house got burglarized (because it was super messy when they got home) and it turned out that it was their roomate who made a HUGE MESS prior to them coming home.
#3 Kept getting sick and was suspecting ill health to be a result of a poor vegetarian diet. TURNS OUT that my room mate was "growing" mould under her bed. She noticed the wet patch for a month but didn't bother to tell me or do anything to get rid of it. Instead, she covered it with a PLASTIC BAG and hoped for it to go away by itself. I found out one day and was hopping mad. Immediately called Facilities Services Emergency AGAIN to complain about the mould and me being constantly sick. Then they came to the rescue AGAIN within 10 minutes and got rid of the wet patch. Didn't get sick anymore after that.
I would really hate my life if I were the BU police or Facilities Service and had to deal with these sort of nonsense everyday. Kudos to them for being so nurturing and patient!
Lol EMILY LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE A JOKE BAK CHOR. but its ok, i nearly fainted from cutting my finger -.-
ReplyDeleteHi X.,
ReplyDeleteRemember the time in Myanmar I "LOST" my return plane ticket and we flipped everything INSIDE OUT and had to spend an ENTIRE DAY at the air ticket office and pay $$$ to get another one. Only to find it tucked in the seams of my passport cover, when I was home in Singapore. (I never told Uncle Ezra this ha ha) And then, I accidentally pulled out the EMERGENCY HANDLE on the aircraft in mid air.
I could write a book about all the misfortunes which plagues me.
talk to you tmr X., got to go orh orh now zzz
ReplyDelete