Tuesday, January 26, 2010

#8 Devoirs

organic belgium chocolate milk


commonwealth ave


Funny how the French word for homework, "devoir", is almost pronounced like DEVOUR in English. So yes, homework is devouring me (not that I've done any considering how I went to bed at 9pm last night- I was feeling so drowsy from running in the rain all afternoon). But, homework will be eating me alive for the rest of this week I'm sure.

Mars is currently undergoing a retrograde, which means that it appears to be going in opposition when it's really because us (the Earth, on the inner orbit) is passing by Mars (on the outer orbit, 4th from Sun) so it looks like Mars is going in the opposite direction from EAST to WEST instead of their usual planetary motion from WEST to EAST. So cool right- 29th Jan 2010 will be when Mars is closest to us (once in 2 years) and I will be planning to head up to the rooftop where the Astronomy department is and do my night lab then while freezing in the Boston winter.

K, got to go break my legs at ballet class now. Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41:00 AM

    where did you buy that dark chocolate belgium chocolate milk? i've never had dark chocolate milk and as a chocolate lover, i simply must.

    thanks for the Mars faq -- i hope the sky is clear (or viewable from the bay area, anyway) on friday. will look UP.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:19:00 AM

    nice, i learnt about the retrograde thing in my astro class last semester!
    anyway who's s???? : ))))

    stephanie honey tan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina: I bought this @ Wholefoods. It's an grocery store mainly selling organic foods. You can go to their website www.metrococa.com to read more about their milk and see if they sell it at your area. It's delightfully yummy! And a great substitute for sweet cravings <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. honey:

    i will post pictures up soon teehee.

    S. is my friend from BU also.

    ReplyDelete