Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Please believe, however naive.




Three generations of our family have been playing rugby. Two of which has been for St. Andrew's (my dad played for Victoria School), which I'm very proud of. I can never get enough of the lovely uniformed stripes of blue and white. It's my brother in the first picture and my uncle in the second, both of about the same age and playing at the Nationals at the Padang.
.
.
.
I just decided to write about rugby and my uncle and brother because I miss them very much. In fact, I miss home- I make it a conscious choice to miss home and try to remember as much as I can because strangely, memories of home are fading quickly away and all my feelings & emotions are filled with only recent events of the past year- I've forgotten how it's really like to live at home, out of a closet where neatly primed iron clothes magically appears and well stocked kitchen too. I'm really tired living here, I see my room getting a messier by the day as I struggle to keep up with my discipline and tidiness. I must pull my socks up, literally too.

But thank God for the wonderful friends He has placed in my life. Today has been a good, happy day. I sent my 7 month old fish eye roll of film and another roll from the disposable camera which survived the capsize floats along the Willamette River from floating a few days prior. I also went to Antioch House to watch "The Gods Must be Crazy" an old African film about a man who finds a coke bottle. It's absolutely one of my favourite films to watch because it's so sweet and funny :~)

Things will get better, it seems.

(I hope)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment