Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Happy Birthday Song





So, I was doing my homework, or rather, starting on my homework and the fire alarm rang for the second time in two weeks. My roomate, Meg, freshly out of the shower, was wrapped in a towel only- I yelled at her "Change! Fire! Let's Go!" She panicked, shrieked, and grabbed clothes. I grabbed my camera, because the sun was setting and we were going to be outside anyway.

We stood in the cold for 5 minutes thinking that a stupid kid popping popcorn probably set the alarm off (as so was the case the previous 7 times last term I heard). But so it was not. Somebody's electrical point had sparked off, causing a real fire, which probably accounted for the intense smoke and smell of burnt rubber as we were running down the stairs getting really dizzy (we live in The Tower of The Castle).

After half an hour in the cold, there were still numerous firetrucks and men strolling around, carrying portable fans to "blow the smoke out" I think. The 4th floor Tower Kids (I just made the name up, we're not really called that. Our official name's Team Man-Bitch, which I think is hilarious, but not particularly excited about. And yes, that is going to be our team name at the 10km charity run) went for dinner at Arnold's :~) I love that place, it's our favourite dinner hangout- I had great Mexican Tacos for dinner! Why hadn't I been exposed to Mexican food earlier? It's addictive. And we had an ice cream birthday party for Meg after, the entire Arnold's joined in The Birthday Song- that's what I love about the American culture, spontaniety.

Bought more rice krispys to stock up in my room too. Mmmh, sugar sugar. I've got no classes tomorrow because it's all conferences this week for Writing class YAY! Anyway, thank God for lovely friends who's helping to find a program so I can play Bugs and join their official gaming league. Gotta do homework and watch Love Actually/ Da Vinci Code tonight :~)

Peace.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment