Friday, January 23, 2009

Chinese New Year!


The only thing that's making me rather blue is that I won't be celebrating Chinese New Year this time around with my family :( I enjoy Chinese New Year tremendously, especially the part where I get to pocket my younger siblings' ang pow, because I'm the eldest, so very conveniently, relatives would slip me 3 ang pows for the 3 of us. Upon me receiving it, me being very analytical and to some extent playful, would whip out my handy pen (I never leave anywhere without carrying a pen) and scribble down the name of the giver & my siblings' names, before pocketing all 3 ang pows. Of course all these were done at my utmost discretion- don't think that I collect 10 ang pows all at once I'll forget who gives what. Although, my brother Jonathon, who's not much younger than me would sometimes come confronting "Aye, why you got so much ang pow", following which, I'll giggle giggle and give it back to them- most of it.


So I guess this year's payback time. They get to happily swallow my ang pows when the aunties and uncles go "Don't forget to give this to your Jie Jie freezing in the cold in the States okay? This is for blessings for the year." I can already imagine them nodding sweetly, pocketing it, while thinking about the next thing on their To-Buy-List. I miss my cutie siblings :(
And... I feel like eating Wonton Mee, my all time #1 favourite. Bak Chor Mee's #2. Guess Nachos, Tacos, and Burritos will have to do for now. Mexican food's just the same thing, given only 50 different names.


Homework time! I slept till 12.30pm today! Eeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment