Monday, September 29, 2008

Fake plastic trees











My orchid is finally flowering! I've been faithfully watering my pet orchid with a special concoction of green nutrient water daily for the past three months and this morning, I opened my sleepy eyes a little wider and noticed a tiny bud sprouting at the end of the shoot. Definitely a great way to start the morning!
Spent the weekend with some of my favourite people, J. Bunny, N. over long evening walks and coffee. Sunday Japanese brunch at somewhere quiet, sitting at the counter because it's my favourite place to sit, getting beautiful treats of special yellowtail, suzuki, flamed butter salmon, uni and fresh fish roe from the chef. Finally sent my rolls of 120 film from my Diana+ to be developed, completed my three month old film from my Fisheye, received an invitation to a very exciting ball at Marina Mandarin this Friday night, where I invited N. to come along. Dressing up with my new palate of Lancome best of colour eye focus make up, always makes me very happy! My current favourite colour's the April in Paris, do write it down on your to buy list, because it's absolutely mesmerizing!
Tomorrow I will wake my sleepy butt up early and cycle my sister to school! It's been ages since I cycled on my blue city bicycle, and I'm craving a little Italian squid ink pasta now, I think I'll save it for this weekend at Da Paolo!
Little picture snippets of Out There! Biennale di Venezia, cocktail party of the opening of Singapore Supergarden also at Venice, boat rides, and daily lunches in the greenhouse at the castle we were having our conference at. The Biennale di Venezia with all the patterns, display, music and bursts of architectural imagination was breathtaking, if you could, make a trip down to their exhibitions at least once, because you won't regret it! Will be spending my hours walking through rows of exhibitions in Venice again next year, because it's tremendously delightful, even if it's alone.
Off to drink some soy bean milk from the old fashioned glass bottle with bottle caps (because I secretly collect bottle caps) and heading off to bed because tomorrow will be a (great) busy day!
Goodnight and may you sleep tight.
Love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment