


Captain A. made his way down from another country far away just to visit us. (also because he was being silly and thought that I was leaving Singapore for the States this month.) We had our little meeting at Changs at Dempsey and very heart skipping ice cream at Ben & Jerry's after, with lots of little cups of water.
Every week after golf trainings on Fridays, the Kimchi Auntie Club consisting of namely A., our golf captain, A., N. and myself would troop down to a quiet korean barbeque shop tucked away at a corner of Chinatown for dinner, carrying our Iron Five and Sevens. We were initially Interact Club members because we truly wanted to help the old folks. Thereafter we decided to join the Golf Club as well because of a variety of reasons, and also so we could tell people that we were from the "cool" golf club. So we ended up with two CCAs in J2. Not exactly the smartest thing to do I'd say. But still, we had lots of fun :)
Calling ourselves the Kimchi Auntie Club because of our immense liking for Korean shows and kimchi, we had to live up to our reputation. We each had various roles and positions. N. (who is currently serving the nation, protecting Singapore) was responsible for searching out new Korean shows for us to watch, A. and myself was in charge of buying tidbits for our Teevee show sessions and Captain A. was entrusted the duty of playing golf. Considering how only Captain A. could play decent golf, the rest of us were happily prancing about in our Callaway golf outfits, pretending we could really play. But trust me, only Captain A. went for the Nationals because I think, we watched too many Korean shows and didn't train enough. However, the fault didn't lie entirely on our shoulders. Captain A. has a driving range in his backyard as well, so he could practice golf back in his home country. I bet, if I had a driving range in my backyard, I'll be able to play golf just as well as he (just kidding, I am not a bimbo).
A. and I were also frantically scribbling down entitlements of free lifetime of medical services from Captain A. who's currently studying Medicine, and forcing him to sign on B & J tissue paper certificates. Thank God for beautiful nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment