
Hi Monday,
I'm not sure if this is healthy but I wake up every morning feeling like death in the freezer and start evaporating in the heat the minute I step out of the doors. Yes, this strange, shocking routine, is Singapore for me. It's 12:16pm in the studio and I've been here for close to two (2) hours now. I know I should have been here at 8am, but I have this incredible ability in the mornings to plaster myself onto the brown leather armchair in my studio at home for close to an hour- vegetating away... contemplating/ procrastinating/ planning my calendar. The only saving grace this morning was that the Egg McMuffin was really good. Ah, what would we do without Drive-Thru(s). McDonald's could be the only consistent thing on earth.
The past week has been wonderful, and productive for me in my search for inspiration: I've met many of my favorite SC girls, a college-mate from BU (who flew in from HK), drowned my liver in laser lights and champagne, skipped work on Wednesday and went swimming with my dog, had several dinners at overpriced restaurants eating mice-sized portions, and wound up starving the morning after. I received a beautiful present: a Phantom in slate blue from the Summer 2013 collection, and almost like an epiphany, realized that I was more in love with the aroma of newly tanned and dyed leather than the bag itself. I know I could save a lot of money by buying leather scraps from the tannery. And believe me, I will.
Talking to new people, and reuniting with lovely, old friends, always, always, inspires me. We are friends because we are meant to be. And though we may live our lives in circles, we will find our way back together, because circles never end. This is precisely why I love all whom I meet in my path- because of Providence.
I hope your Providence inspires you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment