Weapons of mass destruction.
I have to drink about 6-8 cups of the above concoction everyday plus heap loads of water. It doesn't taste so bad, but drinking it with sparkling water does give it an extra punch.
I made some onsen tamago last night for dinner.
I like to think of it as the last thing I ate for the rest of my life. You know those eggs with squishy yolks that accompanies ramen at the side? It's really not that hard to make, but somewhat time consuming. If you want to try, here is the recipe:
Boil water and add medium sized organic chicken eggs for 6-7 mins (depending on how runny you want your egg yolk to be). The eggs should be cold and just taken out of the refrigerator.
Prepare an ice bath with malted vinegar. (Lots of ice, some cold water and pour vinegar over till the water is pretty opaque.) Transfer the eggs immediately from the boiling water into the ice bath and let them sit for about 3-4 hours. Make sure that the eggs are fully submerged in the ice bath. You can put more ice and vinegar if the bath becomes lukewarm.
Then, remove the eggs from the ice bath and delicately shell them. (I like to use a spoon to scoop out the egg.) Prepare a soy sauce marinade:
1 cup light soy sauce
1 cup water
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
0.5 cup brown sugar
some grated ginger
And submerge the eggs into the soy sauce marinade for 2-3 hours in the fridge.
Remove the eggs from the fridge and serve the eggs lukewarm. You can do this by heating only the marinade, dividing the egg into 2 halves, then pouring some heated marinade over the eggs. Or you can choose to dunk the halves into the soup!
Enjoy because I am feeling quite hungry now :'(
No comments:
Post a Comment