Today Mr. Superpotato and I decided to explore Boston. So we went out to eat ramen at an authentic Japanese place somewhere near the suburbs. And then Mr. Superpotato had a tummy ache and left for the toilet, but came back with a new friend for me instead.
Say hi to my new friend Totoro!
Then, we went around Harvard Square and spent all our time reading in 3 bookstores and drinking iced lattes with s'mores macroons at Crema Cafe. And this is how our Friday disappeared-- just like how you can never have enough time to take a picture of shooting stars as it passes you by in those small seconds. It's wonderful because you're in the present and forced to absorb all that you see with your eyes as lenses, imprinted into your mind.
I want to eat more cake-- but I really should be willing myself to the gym instead. Life sucks and choices are hard to make like that. So Mr. Superpotato read to me a passage, which was the first few words from Natsume Sōseki's Kusamakura (The Grass Pillow 草枕):
As I climb the mountain path, I ponder—
If you work by reason, you grow rough-edged; if you choose to dip your all into sentiment's stream, it will sweep you away. Demanding your own way only serves to constrain you. However you look at it, the human world is not an easy place to live.
And when its difficulties intensify, you find yourself longing to leave that world and dwell in some easier one— and then, when you understand at last that difficulties will dog you wherever you may live, this is when poetry and art are born.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for bed now. Hope you had a wonderful Friday, and I will try to make more sophisticated videos soon X♥X♥
No comments:
Post a Comment