
Say hi to my new friend Mortimer the Nespresso machine and his rainbow-jewel-coffee-powder-capsule-mates. I know he kinda looks like a 1970 jukebox or a retro gas pump- but seriously, he whips out a mean cuppa coffee that will keep you awake all night playing the Smurfs. (He also has a hot/cold milk-foam making Siamese twin to his left.)
I'm looking forward to spending each morning, afternoon and some evenings with Mortimer, peeling through his array of flavors while attempting to hone a few weak skills at being a Barista- lest I face severe unemployment upon graduation. That is such a sad thought, but I take a little comfort in knowing that at least, I can dance around an expresso machine and whip up a mean cup of expresso to save my soul. Or maybe, if I consistently drink adequate expresso shots all through the good mornings & good nights, I might be able to pull through the rest of college as a super-speedy-mad-studying student and see myself soaring high above the "average kid looking for a job". This would certainly be the most ideal circumstance, and I can only hope, wait, and see if my half a grand investment and the 200 more coffee capsules in my storeroom pays off.
Till then, I can only thank God for the currently cheaper than usual US dollar and pray that I would come up a more substantial plan for my future soon.
The best of luck to you too comrades!
Caffeine Queen ♠ is off to bed now because the early bird catches ALL the goddamn worms.
☀
☁
☂
♣
♥
☟
P.s. I know I sound like a fool writing this but— because I'm graduating in August '11, I will not be bringing my new toy Mortimer with me back to Singapore simply because he will not be able to work there. Trust me, I checked with the store today and if I try to work it with an adapter, Mortimer will be sure to fry. So, if any of you in the US are interested, send me an email with a heads up and I'll like to give it away to another kind and loving caffeine-addict.

No comments:
Post a Comment