Sunday, November 07, 2010

#5 Oh hi! You Hypocrite!

Today, I decided to Eat. I wasn't going to count the calories, or the monosaturated, polysaturated, unsaturated, or trans fat content. The objective was plain and simple- to enjoy something, for myself. There is absolutely no need to live on a permanent veggie detox diet just to impress people whom I don't even like, and who neither likes me.

What was I trying to prove?

Why did I have to torture myself and be obsessive over what I eat just to determine my self worth? I decided that this was ridiculous and idiotic. (But being vegetarian, not so much)

So, I gave this up:

Gym_effected

My gym clothes which I was wearing.


For this:
A Magherita pizza topped with mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, pineapple, and arugula salad.

pizza_effected


I know I am innately a secret pizza + wine girl, and it felt really, really good. I know I am such a hedonist and glutton, having eaten the entire 14 inch pizza by myself, but I really couldn't give a rat's ass about what you think.

This is a good change. I feel stronger already- Yes, food is therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment