
Mad-Studying-Club (with matching stereo-headsets)
It's 2:36am in the morning and my room mate, L., and I are still up studying. Why? Because we've been chit chatting all night long, talking about our lomography and disposable cameras while showing each other pictures. It's really like school girl talk- how we gush about each the silhouettes, shadows, and colors in each other's pictures.
I also decided to take a mini break from studying today and wrote a (love) note back to Paris. Well, it's not exactly a love note— more like I just really like writing letters because writing (not typing) notes is so very therapeutic for my soul. Yes, I need therapy, because school is driving me up the wall- just kidding. Why do people like charging so rapidly into the future? (DSLR cameras, fancy restaurant food, high-end fashion). I mean, (they) are all very good, but honestly, Chanel bags are becoming so commercial, I feel so sad for the house. I'm still exccessively charmed and enchanted by the things of the recent past- jazz, classical ballet, writing notes, manual film cameras (& actually developing the roll of film), cooking my grandmother's recipes, taking a train, long evening walks... (but walking in the rain- I don't like!)
I'm really excited about the future but the past seems so intriguing too. I hope you feel the same way towards nostalgia.
I also really want to buy a type writer. But truthfully, the only thing I should be doing is heading to bed because I have to get up early tomorrow for a morning jog down the Charles River and to make L. & I a salad lunchbox to bring to school.

No comments:
Post a Comment