Tuesday, August 10, 2010

#4 I Love my Liver.

Hi it's almost five in the morning right now and I just woke up because I was dying of thirst in my sleep. Today E. and I went for another cocktail party at the house of the Ambassador who heads the European Commission. Simon (from Austria) came along too and the party was pretty chill out and intelligent, just the way I like it.

But then the Champagne and Chardonnay killed me and I came back to the hotel slightly shit-faced. I ate lots of carbohydrates in the late afternoon in an attempt to boost my fat content (to drink better later that night). However, all I saw from my puke were carrots, so the rice and noodles must have digested pretty fast.

I'm not an alcoholic mom! It's just hard to keep alive if you don't eat a cow before drinking.

For more productive activities, I went to the village at 7.30am this morning to visit the branch office of the Grameen Bank. Microcredit itself is a wonderful idea, but the village was really like a set-up and I'm having mixed feelings now. So I'm off to email my professor (who also happens to be my unpaid Economics shrink) now, so I can keep focused and on the right track.

2 comments: