Saturday, August 07, 2010

#2 Assez bien

Today I went all around Dhaka city with my french friend, Elsa. We went to the lake and had a picnic by the water with some street children, took a trishaw, a bird-cage taxi, and finally, a tin can taxi. We were drowning in a flood of Banglas (with full force) and almost lost our lives in the market. But otherwise, it was a fun and productive day exploring Dhaka. In essence, it was nothing short of chaotic, hot and full of fumes.

In other news, I also lost my camera today. I'm not sure if it slipped out of my hand while floating through the crowd, or if I had left it in the cab. I feel like such a scatter brain, but am too lazy to get a new one for now. So I'll just have to rely on my trusty Fisheye Lomography.

We lose some, and win some, but Life still goes on. I hope the Banglas who pick it up have fun with my camera, and do something good with it. I also had two (2) peach lassi today and lots of food like Bengali pizza, special naan, fried rice and lotssss of carbs (I don't usually eat carbs) but this was soo good and I felt very satiated. I should do this more often- I didn't know carbs could make one feel this great.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01:00 AM

    you're so optimistic, i like you
    <3, stephoney

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like you too honey tan.

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete