Monday, June 07, 2010

#12 Say goodbye to the Heat

FREE INTERNET!!! It's free! It's free!!
Is free internet at the airport really... free? I get secretly thrilled whenever the Singapore gahmen (government) gives out something "free". I got a mini chide from my grandma just now when I didn't pick up my phone (because I was vegetating on the couch) and my gong gong had to re-enter the ERP when I returned their call, to buy wanton mee for my siblings and I. (I didn't really want to eat it, but I said yes and ate the entire thing up anyway). I blamed the gahmen for my misfortune and decided to take advantage of them by using their "free internet" (my tax money). So I'm just scribbling something on here before I finally fly off to Boston.

What can I say?

I really enjoyed my trip back to Singapore, but the weather was rather deadly. My parents were still too busy for me, so I spent my time vegetating a lot; reading, watching tv, waking up late, not doing my own laundry (thanks Auntie Lily!) and ordering my sister to give me water. I think the essence of this trip back was to know the really lovely friends I have around me, a little more, a little better, through quiet smiles and silent gazes. My sister tagged around me the entire day today and commented that I have very nice friends. Thanks for all your love and conversations, friends. I really do appreciate it. I brought all your presents & thoughts back with me. Till then!

Sincerely,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment