My lovely grandmother, my uncle and baby sister. Days of my short stint back in Singapore in September were spent having lunches at The Pines club and shopping at Takashimaya! I love that department store so very much! My uncle and I share the same birthday, the 27th of October! He's only 15 years older than I and introduced me to my favourite Sega/ Computer game ever: Bugs.
When I close my eyes and think back to when I was three again, I see myself taking long walks together with him in the evenings after dinner to a quaint, dimly lit provision store beneath the medium-height HDB, at the void decks. And we'll sit on the top, of the flight of stairs on the overheard bridge. We'll sit with our ice cream cones and candy, on the side of the bridge closest to home.
I don't remember much of what we talked about. But I think it would go something like this,
"How's your ice-cream Merly? Do you like it?"
"Yes, Jiu Jiu. Thankew- can I have shome schweet too?"
"Wait first, later Ah Mah scold."
"Later you give me okay?"
"Okay, you must eat your dinner properly tomorrow also."
I also remember bawling my eyes out when he lied to me that he ate my pet teripins (Mimi & Momo). I had entrusted them to him before I left for a holiday with my parents.
Happy birthday to you, and to me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment