Saturday, September 19, 2009

#11 je suis tres forte et malheureusement! :(

When my grandfather was twenty, he was appointed deputy chief commander of the Worker's Brigade of PAP. At twenty-five, he set up our family business to become what it is today. I'm turning twenty in about a month, and am still ditzy, playing too much and sleeping ten hours a day. I still read my books only three quarters of the way through, learn half of all my piano pieces, and eat too much ice cream. I think I might be retarded. I also lost my Singapore phone, repel technology and procrastinate too much.

But anyway, here're some of my favourite pictures from my sister's iPhone when she and my parents were holidaying in Sydney & I was stagnating in Cow Town. I actually have lots of nice Singapore pictures in my camera but I can't find the stupid card reader to upload them:




You know how I've always said that I was a bird and liked to fly away. And well, I did. I flew all over the place from Bombay to Milan to Hokkaido to Vietnam to Osaka to Bangkok bla bla and finally to the States. But the truth is- there'll always be no place like home. I feel most like myself at home- lazy, pampered and happy. I just came home from my grandparent's place where my grandma threw a big poh piah party for me and all my relatives came and bought me nice presents, it was very sweet of them. And I just ate and watched TV (like a pig).

Being away is good, it forcelly pushes one out of the comfort zone, day after day. Never is one day perfectly easy and I don't like it one bit (the trick is just to do it!) But really, Emily isn't lazy, she's just happy doing nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment