Sunday, August 30, 2009

#8- but back to square #1

Today J. helped me move to my new place on the hill. It's very pretty and comfortable. I like my new room and the soft carpeted floor, the view of the forest, serenity- but I miss my roommates. It's funny because there was this sense of familiarity, like home at B.'s place. 7 girls crowded together in the dancing kitchen, baking gorgeous blueberry pies and cooking up a storm of korean lunches, to throwing lavish french dinner and wine parties.

But I feel strange here. Having to get used to showering in a new bathroom, waking up to different faces, void of voices I had been used to hearing daily the past 3 months. K., the boy I click with best in this house is leaving on Monday. He was part of the bird people who were here temporarily to work on a project. I thought the bird people would be here too when I moved in, but I guess it doesn't make a difference. Either way, I was going to be feeling lonely. God gave me this place, and there must be a reason for it. And I must find that reason. It could be to spend more time in quiet with Him, away from the bustle and parties I'm so fond of, or to rid the constant hope of walking into ___ along the same path to the labs and class each day. It's not going to happen anymore. Or maybe I must learn to push myself out of my comfort zone, testing limits and endurance, even out of happy, comfortable routines. I now must find a new route to school, a new way to buy my groceries outside the shelter and pampering of my old roommates, and forcefully grow to become more independent.

Yes, I suppose this is it.

Jesus didn't have a bicycle either. (Though it's nice to have one dear Lord)

/edit: 7-Nov-09
I should have updated earlier, but I had been using my landlady's old bike ever since I moved into her place. It's a great bike, but it wasn't fantastically fast especially for the morning rush. I found a note for me one day when I got home, and she had brought a new blue girls' city bicycle for me to use :*) God is absolutely gorgeous!

1 comment:

  1. you are home you are home you are home. OMG, lovesss !!

    ReplyDelete