My 3 day week end has been nothing lesser than impromptu, delicious fun under stars in the night sky. I wish I took pictures, but I was too busy having fun :~) I had a delightful dinner party of egg noodles dryly drenched in plum sauce tossed with herb salad, avocados, grape tomatoes & cranberries topped with mangoes, not fully ripe. Then I marinated legs of lamb with thyme and olive oil before setting it on the barbeque and topping it off with flat-leafed parsley, roasted mushrooms prepared with lemon salt and paired with pinenuts + basil + olive oil + balsamic vinegar sauce. With the lamb, we had bottles of Chardonnay from Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi, and a Vendange of 93 points (chosen by William). There were also sweet strawberries, yoghurt almonds, and lots of other cheap (great) wine to get drunk on. Kudos to William for plunging the bottles of wine not in ice buckets -because we don't have any- but in a jug of iced posicle sticks, it was nothing short of brilliant.
We will have a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon with steak at our dinner party next week.
Today I woke up slightly woozy and went for church with an entourage of room mates and friends before returning home for a nice picnic in our backyard. I had wanted to do some work, but instead took a 4 hour long slumber after lunch and woke up to friends knocking on my room door to go bike riding! So we cycled down to dairy queen for a strawberry cheesecake blizzard first, before cycling to secret places in the woods, playing frisbee while the sun was starting to set. Then we cycled past the soccer field and went in to watch the game. The Orange Beavers kicked some Canadian ass opposition team, hands down :~) I am now home, a little hungry but too lazy to make any food.
Lots of work to be done tonight!
My favourite thing is to go where I've never been.
p.s. I'm going home in dix jours!
No comments:
Post a Comment