It's 12:26am and my laundry is halfway done in the dryer. Today I had my 4th final, Oceanography and it was really good; I think I've bagged my 4th A (Thanks so much God). My last and favourite International Economics' in 9.5 hours time and I'm confidently prepared for it, hence I'm starting to pack up my room into boxes and luggages right now. It's quite quiet and lonely, and although I do enjoy being alone tremendously, it would be nice to have somebody here packing for me right now as I sleep.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking specifically for romantic love as most people would assume, you know, a girl packing in a lonely room equivalent to being pathetic and needing another weak, helpless pretentious male to fill the void in her life. I was thinking more on the lines of my best friend X. and sister, R., who helped me packed all my shit a few hours before my flight while I napped in bed, because they're the most awesome people in the world. Right now, all I can wish for, are magic shoe-making elves or pixies to help.
I actually started off this post feeling rather blue, no thanks to listening to Weary Blues by Madeleine Peyroux (you should try it, I really like Jazz). And decided that I should be a sea star, Christmas anemone, jelly fish or coral living alone in the abyssal plains near the Mid Atlantic Ridge. But as I wrote, I realized that concentrating on the hugeass load of things I have to pack would be a better investment than wallowing in self pity, even if it's just for ten minutes. It's ten minutes too long.
Can you hurry come home :(
ReplyDeleteSeptember seems so farrrrrr !! Do shopping for me while I miss you here in SG ok ...
I love you and my results are outttt. I breathe a sigh of relief after near fatal heart attacks of probbing at my school portal thinking did I fail all my units or something cos the resutls were not showing. Hahahahaah !