Sunday, October 12, 2008

A little braver.

"...Given what I've told you, you probably think that I've suffered a lot in life. It's not true, and, besides, I've been there already. I've known other men who wanted to 'protect' me from all those tragedies.
What they forget is that, from Ancient Greece on, the people who returned from battle were either dead on their shields or stronger, despite or because of their scars. It's better that way: I've lived on a battlefield since I was born, but I'm alive and I don't need anyone to protect me."

- From my current reading, The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho.

It's incredible how explicitly Paulo Coelho phrases his words from a woman's thinking, which jumps right out of the book to catch me by surprise. And a very nice picture taken by J. from his super camera, in my pretty sundress. My toasted shoulders became a bit more painful when I awoke this morning :( Feels rather silly that I'm whining to myself about my little burn when a thunderstorm's pouring outside.

Off to continue my work now!

P.s. X., if you don't update more I will kick your butt and not meet you in San Fran. on the 16th of December.

6 comments:

  1. X.(aka laksa chuang),

    just got my holiday dates and i'll
    i give you one brownie point, i be in Nippon from 6-17++ dec :( my parents want to extend the trip, but how on earth am i going to make it for classes on the 5th of jan, unless i fly straight to the states from Nippon!

    okay, sorry got distracted. can't make it for sf on 16 :( kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. my char kway teow better be damn good when i see you.

    plan B let's plan now

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.p.s. to Ellie:

    please start saving up a stash for summer holidays with us in the states! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU STAY IN NIPPON TILL 21 DEC CAN? wait it go check and see when im landing in nippon..have to go search..

    ReplyDelete
  5. whooppeee! i'll wait for you in nippon ichiban!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! I WANNA GO VISIT YOU BOTH DURING SUMMBER BREAK!!!:)

    ReplyDelete