Do you remember those times where you're so very tired but for some strange reason or another, cannot bear to fully close those sinking eyelids and let your mind drift away into an abyss of grey. You persist, struggle, flutter those half shut eyes and shoot flares of thoughts/ dreams/ to-do-lists/ emails/ past conversations, like shots of stale caffeine, to keep your mind racing.
I think that was how 2012 was for me. And I wouldn't say that I enjoyed every bit of it.
I had spent a lot of time alone, in the studio, in the bathtub, in hotel rooms, in taxis. I recall spending most of my time trying to fall asleep, write to-do-lists, listening to new/old jazz + bossa nova, procrastinating work. Most importantly, I had wanted to be absolutely safe, and boring.
Maybe for 2013, I'd reckoned some change would be nice. I'm thinking along the lines of keeping a stricter ovo-lacto vegetarian diet, sleeping earlier & waking up before noon. Perhaps walking my favorite cutiepie Jojo in the mornings and spending more time drawing, thinking, planning, and talking to people. Meeting more new friends other than people who buy my coffee, would be nice indeed.
There is so much more I would like to write and tell you. But all I can think about now for now is heading to the shower or I would be stuck at home alone, on a New Year's Eve.

No comments:
Post a Comment