Monday, May 07, 2012

Congratulations Monsieur Francois Hollande

It's 7.10pm in the evening and I am still in the coffeeshop waiting for some mindless chicken brains to leave the premise. I haven't been to Yoga in a week and I'm not even sure if I can make it for "Hot Vinyasa" at 9pm. Body contortions and body odour of strangers at 41 degrees do not at all sound appealing. But still, I think I need to torture myself like that.

Recently, Mr Superpotato and I have been spending a lot of time watching dramatic, semi-historical films, mostly with vengeful (slutty) women and useless (lustful) men. We watched The Last Emperor, a Steve Jobs BBC documentary, Coco Before Chanel, Coco et Igor... which stirred up my imagination quite a bit. I feel like my mind has grown wilder from the weeding of mundane social proprieties. It could be the subtle cinematography and powerful ideologies that washed my brain for all the right reasons. Music, words, letters, conversations and photographs do the same thing too. The crystallizing difference lies between those who notice, and those who choose to ignore. We all see the same things.


A little something Mr Superpotato shared with me one day:
_______________________________________________

There's work and there's your life's work.

The kind of work that has your fingerprints all over it. The kind of work that you'd never compromise on. That you'd sacrifice a weekend for. You can do that kind of work at Apple. People don't come here to play it safe. The come here to swim in the deep end.

They want their work to add up to something.

Something big. Something that couldn't happen anywhere else.


Welcome to your new mind. Your new world.

_______________________________________________

In other less important news, I want to buy this scarf from Philippe Roucou. So gorgeous isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment