I'm not a trance whore you know. I do listen to classical music too, especially in Ballet class where we count beats and timing ;)
I just came back from a rehearsal (I know, rehearsals on a Sunday is so sad), where I'm dancing in this lyrical piece about neuroscience. What on earth is this mad girl talking about? Dancing to neurons and gial!!? And it's precisely this strange combination of dance and science which drew me to audition for D.'s piece. I was hesitant to dance for him even after I got selected because you can imagine the thought of shaming yourself in front of the entire dance community at the concert should your weird, science freakish piece turn out to be nothing more than a really, really, bad dream. My fear was also stemmed from the fact that D. is a neuroscience senior who, does-not-dance-at-all...
But he's been a great choreographer (and a slave driver) thus far, and I'm absolutely in love with the music (above), which is a recording of piano tuning that D.'s father had done for him. His dad is a piano tuner and this music, is just amazingly dreamy to dance to. I'm certain that my neurons are dancing along with me as my blood cells flush wildly.
D. sent me some videos, of "dancing neurons" to help me visualize, which I thought was pretty interesting but still creepy in a queer way you know what I mean? You probably don't, so just watch the videos and listen to the piano tuning.
No comments:
Post a Comment