Tuesday, July 06, 2010

#3 Think with your head, act with your heart.

Bon soir le monde,

(Good evening world, for all you french noobs out there. Just kidding)

Okay quick update on my life for now:

1. First ever ever ever Harvard exam tomorrow for International Monetary Economics!!!
I'm going to rub John Harvard's left foot tomorrow before for good luck. Yes, that foot which Yale and Harvard freshmen like to pee on.
I've been mad studying for this (while watching le Tour de France simultaneously) and am generally feeling x1000 better about this than when I first set foot into class.

Point to note: Fear is unnecessary and a waste of time.

2. Will be going off to Bangladesh for a Training Program at the Grameen Bank straight after I'm done with my Finals! :-D I foresee one month of torture but, I'll be doing some intensive running prior to build up my stamina. Like how does that even help? Psychology my friends, psychology. Oh the comforting thought that I can run faster than angry, charging cows, puts me to bed at night.

3. Have absolutely done zilch (0) readings for my other economics class, Development Economics of India and East Asia. So, my weekend will be piled beneath my notes at the Harvard Library for sure. Must... get... out... of... the.... house.... Emily.

4. Am going to start cooking and stop living on apples, oranges, pears, grapes, nuts... I'm not a wormbat.

5. I have to do the dishes. And the laundry.

6. After spending about 30 hours of my life thus far watching the TdF on TV, I asked my dad to ship me my road bike over from Singapore, so that I can uhh, cycle to Harvard everyday and pretend to be competing in the TdF.

7. Am contemplating to head to Nepal for a few days to climb Base 1 and 2 of K2. But this is really just a thought. And hopefully, will remain simply a thought.

8. And because I've been procrastinating on reading up on the last part of the Bretton Woods system (which is like the gold star on my Christmas tree exam), I hopped onto the Formspring bandwagon where you can ask me questions and I will answer those which do not expose my true identity as an underground mafia. Any outrageous questions posed by a pseudo anonymous person is probably 99% Miss X., so please don't be alarmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment