Friday, February 05, 2010

#14 teuscher


Pronounced as toy-sher, they are unarguably THE BEST chocolatier in the world. (This is definitely a subjective and biased opinion.) I don't usually eat chocolates because sweet things make me feel sick (like how Godiva has such bad chocolates- your alarm bells should start to ring when you see their chocolates being sold at Barnes & Noble), but teuscher is different. They fly in their stock fresh from Zurich weekly into their delicately decorated boutique stores and never ever use gelatin, gum or any preservatives. (I clearly remember that the teuscher in Singapore flies theirs in every Wednesday- I wish I would remember more important facts, like those related to you know, my HOMEWORK.) Would also like to point out that Dom Perignon is used as a centerpiece for their world class champagne truffles. However I prefer the quiet, subtle chocolates, which are not overly hyped or raved about. Like, the dark chocolate doggies, honeycomb bees, and cherry pralines, which are my personal favourites and quite a close match to how heaven would taste like. (Again, an unsupported claim without any evidence because I'm sure heaven doesn't taste like dark chocolates). Please pardon me for all my (brackets) because I have been in the midst of writing my (non-existant) essay about anti-slavery blah blah blah for my writing class and have to support EVERYTHING I say, it's terribly draining. But of course, writing a paper for class with a huge deadline hanging over your forehead is nothing like writing a blog. I am also way past the due date with my paper still rather blank. As such, I will simply have to buy more chocolates tomorrow and bring my writing materials to the pier in search of some good seafood and inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18:00 PM

    i'm a chocolate nut. as a matter of fact, i'm sucking on a dark chocolate after dinner mint from trader joe's.

    i've gotta try this Teuscher. where did you buy yours from? i will be on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:19:00 PM

    ps. i dislike godiva, too. agreed -- the worst chocolate in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha i'm glad you feel the same way about godiva :)

    Here is where teuscher in SF is at http://www.teuschersanfrancisco.com/

    Do try their chocolate doggies! They're my favourite!

    ReplyDelete