Monday, November 09, 2009

#27 the little lunch



les pains


mon ami, A., viens de Egypt.


almond croissant



my lonely macroon


Le petit déjeuner, means "breakfast" in French. But really, it translates to "the little lunch". The French enjoy their lunches, and breakfast too, immensely. Dinners (dîner) don't really mean much. I would think that even the apertitif (glass of wine + small snacks) before dinner's more significant.

There's this little patisserie called, Le Patisserie, where I'll go to every Saturday morning. It's a lovely place to start the Saturday morning, though there are quite a number of old people. Old people wake up early because they've probably done so many mean things in their life they can't sleep anyhow. But back to the point, this is french pastry haven, the chef and his wife are from Cannes and they've the most beautiful foamy chocolat chaud et cafe mocha I've ever had here in the States. And this is precisly why I go to the gym so much--> because I absolutely adore french pastries ^_^ hehe

So I bought a chocolat macroon with me to the library after having my almond croissant and hot chocolate which was nothing less than "sheer joy". And went to the gym for 3 hours after completing some work at the library. Went grocery shopping and J. picked me up after and I made a supper of noodles for him at my place. Today, I dragged myself out of bed (body was really tired from the gym) and went to church with messy hair like this #:-) Wanted to go for the usual Sunday luncheon with mes amis, but they were going to McMennamin's, a nice typical American bar serving FAT BURGERS, YUMMY THIN FRIES, OILY FISH & CHIPS, CHEAP ALE BLAH BLAH BLAH, I was terrified and decided to skip it. Came home instead and had a lovely lunch of organic salad tossed with avocados, huge cherry tomatoes, olive oil, with a main of wild caught baked lemon salmon and roasted carrots. Decided to take a nap which proved be quite a disasterous choice because I slept for 6 hours straight and did not get any work done :( but woke up feeling rather happy.

I love weekends and macroons!

No comments:

Post a Comment