Wednesday, July 01, 2009

And this is why I know a good one when I see one.







Had French in the morning as usual and then headed over to the Oceanography lab as per more than usual too. Completed an entire bottle of sample in 4 hours and headed back home, slightly groggy from the microscopes as always, only to find the loveliest vase of yellow roses with a card from Ty. Therismo's the name of my house that I live in. No, it's not a Greek house (sorority) but because we lived along greek street with all the other sororites and fraternities, we decided to call our house, Harvest which is Therismo in Greek.

And there is Ty, who lives about 5 steps away, across the street. We'll have movie/pizza nights, lunches on the front lawn, yelling at him to come over just for milkshakes, or when his roomates are having their weekly marijuana induced parties, he'll be over dozing on our couch. Ty and his brother used to roll down the lighthouse hill (picture above, with the Pacific Ocean behind) while trimming the plants during Summer.

But Ty has officially moved to Eugene today for work :( and will no longer be just a yell away, which we girls like to do in sync just to embarrass him in front of his roomates. I miss him already.

Five minutes after I came home, I left the house again because it was Roomies Night, which takes place once a week where we'll date each other (because we're 7 single happy girls living in a beautiful house together). We went hiking at Mcdowell Creek Falls, just a short drive away, for which I was totally mentally unprepared, having been informed the minute I came home that we were going hiking! But the forest was amazingly gorgeous, it felt nothing less than comfort walking on moss (my favourite type of plant) and breathing sweet air. Plus I ate lots of salmon berries (orange ones below) and huckleberries too! :) It's awesome having a waterfall in our backyard. I'm more in love with the Forest than I've ever been before, I'm going to be a farmer when I grow up!








My Roomies :)




Me eating berries




It's been an exciting day, I think I have to go to bed now! Bon nuit!


No comments:

Post a Comment