It's 9.40am in the morning. I ended my writing class fifty minutes ago, and am sitting at Bing's cafe at the corner of Weatherford Hall, with Meg, for breakfast. She just left for her Political Science class where she's having her mid terms today, as do I with Microeconomics. The only difference is that she woke up at 5am to study while I woke up at 8am (with my Writing class also starting at 8am.)
So I'm left here with my muffin & milk, alone and stoning, chatting with X. on msn, who is also not having that brilliant a Monday morning. But thankfully it's a blueberry muffin, so it makes me feel a little more awake having flavours of summer in my mouth.
I cannot awake in the mornings for the sake of my life. I cannot and will not sleep with the phone beside me which acts as an alarm clock because my body will automatically react to the irritating buzzing sound by turning it off, without my conscious realization. I also happen to talk while still asleep. Throughout the past week, every morning Meg would call me to wake up, and I would lie to her saying "Five more minutes Meg, I'm awake", when really, I was fast asleep. (I don't even remember even speaking to her after).
In bid of desperate measures to sleep earlier, I have been rock climbing, riding horses, swimming and running at the gym on a daily routine, trying to tire myself out so that I can fall asleep faster. But clearly the plan backfired- because I'm very much fitter after 3 weeks of school. Not only am I not tired, I feel much happier and more energized after the workout. So I stay up at night to work.
Thus, Meg & I came up with a plan to devise an alarm clock ringing bed which would flip me out of bed each morning. Even then, we speculated that I might continue sleeping.
To accelerate the event, I'm heading down to Fred Meyer's later to pick up three (3) alarm clocks. Even though I may be chinese, I'm not superstitious at all, so if you feel compelled to send me an alarm clock to assist at rescuing me from my sleep, please go ahead.
I need a small, tiny nap now.
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment