Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday old man!














Had a birthday party for gong gong last night at home, with all his siblings,their children & some grandchildren. It was lovely fun, we had Dim Sum + Hong Kong deserts, Tandoori chicken, mutton, fishhead curry & naan from the Banana Leaf, Nonya sweet kuehs from East Coast, Sushi and a not-too-sweet Japonais strawberry cheesecake (with special birthday candles I secretly bought for gong gong while in Hokkaido!)

I felt rather bad for not being able to label a name to their face other than the usual, 1st Auntie!, 2nd Auntie! 3rd Auntie!, Smallest Uncle! appellation. I also found it ridiculous that I didn't know most of the names of the children :( (quite embarrassing actually) How can we be family if we don't know each others' names! Thus, I diligently took a single portrait picture of everyone last night, drew up a family tree and attached their name to the face. So that when I next see them, I can confidently shout out, "Hi Auntie XXX (insert name)! It's very nice to see you again!", without hesitation. Must remember to do this too for grandma's side.

Anyway, gong gong & his younger brother look so much alike, I almost gave his brother a kiss thinking it was my gong gong! I told this to my grandpa and he laughed it off saying, " It's okay to give my brother a kiss too!" Maybe it's time for a trip down to the optician.

Fell into a really deep sleep after because parties make me very tired.

1 comment:

  1. Let's go find authentic korean food after you come back from Japan/ when Xue is back & before you leave for States! :)

    ReplyDelete